Get a Bird’s-Eye View of Myrtle Beach
Ever see a seagull soaring high above the ocean and wish you could share in the experience? You can get a bird's-eye view and feel what it's like to fly over the Atlantic Ocean and the Myrtle Beach coast by visiting one of many parasailing adventure outfitters on the Grand Strand.
For those unfamiliar with the popular watersport, parasailing involves a short trip out on a boat that is specially designed with a launching platform. Patrons are harnessed to a parachute and lifted high overhead to get a unique perspective on the sea and beach below. The brave can go solo, while the not-so-brave can fly tandem with a friend or instructor.
Here are five reputable parasailing guides on the Grand Strand, but first a few tips.
Most of these outfitters also offer deep-sea fishing, dolphin-watching tours, jet-ski and kayak rentals and other watersport activities, so find the one that is your speed. Also, reservations are a good idea so you don't spend too much time waiting on the dock. And be sure to check the weather forecast before you go. Even a sunny day on the beach can be windy just a short distance out over the open ocean. One last thing; don’t be scared.
* Express Watersports: Based out of Murrells Inlet, Express Motorsports operates nearby so passengers get a lovely view of the inlet and the surrounding Lowcountry scenery from 300 to 500 feet in the sky.
* Downwind Sails: Passengers can ride in groups of up to three at this Myrtle Beach-based ocean outfitter. Located on the south end of Myrtle Beach, parasailers fly over the oceanfront hotels and the natural beauty of Myrtle Beach State Park.
* Myrtle Beach Watersports: No matter what end of the Grand Strand you are staying, you have no excuse to chicken out because of location thanks to Myrtle Beach Watersports. Featuring five locations along the Grand Strand, Myrtle Beach Watersports can have you up in the air in no time.
* Ocean Watersports: Go parasailing without leaving downtown Myrtle Beach at Ocean Watersports. Located at 3rd Avenue South next to Family Kingdom Water Park, patrons can sign up and sail out and soar high above the high-rise hotels and attractions.
* Captain Dick’s: This Murrells Inlet outfit has been taking adventure-seekers for a ride in the clouds for years and operates a full fleet of boat tours out of the Crazy Sisters Marina beside the Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk.