sign up forspecials and promotions
Breakers Resort Myrtle Beach
Stay 7 Nights & Save 20%!
Our 7 Day Super Saver - arrive any day
Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort
Our Most Popular Breakfast Inclusive Package!
Enjoy great savings while you have a delicious buffet breakfast each morning of your stay!
North Beach Plantation
Stay 7 nights any time and save 20%!
Spend a week at North Beach and receive up to 20% in savings!
Best Price Guarantee
Shop the best Myrtle Beach Hotels and then book direct and save. No hidden fees, no commissions, just out Best Price Guarantee!> learn more
10 Reasons to Visit Myrtle Beach in April
Here are 10 reasons to visit Myrtle Beach in April:
1. The weather is great. Spring may only be dipping a toe in the chilly water where you are, but in Myrtle Beach, the average high temperature is 76 F. Not too hot, not too cool, the weather in April is just right for enjoying some gorgeous spring days.
2. The water’s warming up. That’s right, it may not be bathtub warm, but if you like a refreshing dip, the Atlantic is already warming up—the average water temperature is 66 F in April.
3. Baseball season with the Myrtle Beach Pelicans arrives. With 14 home games in the month of April, the Pelicans offer up one of the most fun and affordable entertainment options on the Grand Strand. Check www.myrtlebeachpelicans.com for promotions and theme days, from Weiner Wednesday ($1 hot dogs!) to Thirsty Thursday ($1 beer!).
4. You can run like a diva. Lady runners who like to dress up: This is the event for you. The Divas Half Marathon & 5K comes to North Myrtle Beach April 28. From the tutus and tiaras to the after party, this is going to be one fun event.
5. Hot Summer Nights Spring Fest warms up the boardwalk. The free nightly events in the summer on Myrtle Beach’s Oceanfront Boardwalk and Promenade are so popular they’re expanding into spring. Details are still being firmed up, but Saturday concerts and visits from a wandering Elvis are planned. Check www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com for details.
6. Myrtle Beach is the place to be for a good shag party. No, we’re not talking about an Austin Powers kind of shag, we’re talking about the Carolina shag, the state dance of South Carolina. Every spring, shaggers from around the country descend on the Grand Strand for the SOS (Society of Stranders) Spring Safari. This year, from April 12-21, revelers will descend on North Myrtle Beach. Even if you don’t attend all the events, the SOS Parade on April 20 is a sure bet for a good time.
7. The Monday After the Masters—the best “case of the Mondays” there is. Even if you don’t have tickets to the main event, there are plenty of fun events surrounding the Monday After the Masters celebrity pro-am golf tournament, including concerts on April 12 and 13 at the Myrtle Beach House of Blues with Hootie & The Blowifish band members.
8. There’s an outdoor festival almost every weekend. Check with your hotel staff about outdoor events when you’re in town. You may be able to catch Art in the Park April 13 and 14, the Earth Day Music Fest & Expo April 20, or the Ground Zero Dragon Boat Festival April 27.
9. You can soak up some cinema at the Myrtle Beach International Film Festival. The independent film festival will be held from April 25 to 27 at Broadway at the Beach. Get information at www.myrtlebeachfilmfestival.com
10. Brookgreen Gardens stays open late during the entire month of April. It’s one of the prettiest times of year for flower lovers, and Brookgreen Gardens has special events going on all month long from a plant sale and poetry reading to the Spring Migration Birding Program.
These are just the top 10 reasons we could think of for coming to visit Myrtle Beach in April. Do you have reasons of your own? Talk about it in our travel forum.