Myrtle Beach Brings the Canadian Love at 53rd Annual Canadian-American Days
We here in Myrtle Beach have a special relationship with our Canadian friends. When it comes down to it, we’re simply big fans of our northern neighbors! To show our appreciation of Canadians, who have been making it a point to spend time in Myrtle Beach for decades, the city has been hosting a Canadian American Festival, also known as Can-Am Days, for 52 years! The 53rd annual Can-Am Days will begin March 10, 2014.
The entire Canadian-American Festival schedule has yet to be announced, but to give you a preview of the fun in store, here are some highlights from 2013:
• North Strand’s Can-Am Celebration at Myrtle Beach Mall, with free admission and live music from SEARSON.
• South Strand’s Can-Am Celebration at Inlet Square Mall, with free admission and live music from the Low Country Barbershop Quartet.
• Annual Run to the Sun car show at the old Myrtle Square Mall site, with three full days of cruising on Ocean Boulevard.
• Annual Canadian-American Days Festival Expo at Coastal Grand Mall, with drawings and prizes from more than 40 exhibitors, as well as live music by the Andrew Thielen Big Band.
• The CanAm Golf Junior Team Matches, hosted in 2013 by the Wachesaw Plantation Club in Murrells Inlet.
• Festive Brass of Myrtle Beach Annual Can-Am Concert.
It’s not too early to start planning for the 2014 Can-Am Days, we know we’re already hearing from Canadian friends who come down to celebrate at the beach year after year!