Myrtle Beach Serves More than Just a Cup of Coffee
Cold drinks may be more appropriate for your hot summer vacation in Myrtle Beach, but sometimes you need that hot cup of coffee to get your day started – or to keep it going.
The Grand Strand is filled to the rim with cafes and coffee shops where you can get your fix of Lattes, Espresso, Cappuccino and Americano, or quench your thirst with cold Mocha Lattes, Frappes and Smoothies. Here are five great places to refuel your tank:
* Art & Soul Artisan Gallery: Get much more than cup of coffee at this new art gallery/cafe. Admire the works by local artists while sipping hot and cold coffees and teas. Art & Soul also offers light breakfast and lunch as well as an assortment of baked goods and house-made soups.
* Boardwalk Coffee House: Located in the heart of the 1.2-mile Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, this new, oceanfront cafe has all the usual suspects from the coffee pot and toaster oven, including full breakfasts with eggs, sausage, toast and juice, or wash it down with fresh roasted coffee, smoothie or tea. The location allows for great people-watching on the Boardwalk.
* Cannoli’s Café: Located in the Galleria Plaza on Restaurant Row, Cannoli’s provides an Italian café atmosphere as well as creative desserts and coffees to go with a limited breakfast and lunch menu. The three-egg omelets are the house specialty along with, of course, cannolis. Try the signature Peanut Butter Mocha or the Spicy Vanilla Chia Latte. Cannoli's also offers fresh fruit smoothies.
* Fresh Brewed Coffee House: This quaint but charming shop in the downtown Myrtle Beach district is much more than a coffee shop. Hosting art shows live music, book club meetings, open mic nights and poetry slams, Fresh Brewed Coffee House is a hub of activity that also makes a mean cup of coffee. Full lunches and ice cream are also on the menu.
* Java Xpresso Cafe: Located on Myrtle Beach's Seaboard Street district, Java Xpresso is one of several shops in a strip mall that appeal to the younger artsy crowd of tattoo parlors, vape stores and more. Hot and cold coffees and teas as well as lunch and breakfast items are on the menu, and there's always an interesting crowd.