What’s better than giving your little one a teddy bear? Taking them to the factory and letting them customize their own, of course!
At this Broadway at the Beach retail attraction, kids of all ages (adults included) can mix and match all sorts of outfits and accessories to create a unique toy to take home.
The process has 7 steps:
1. Choose from more than 30 stuffed animals including bears, bunnies, cats, dogs, and all sorts of special collections like Hello Kitty and Disney characters.
2. Record a message to program into the animal. You or your child can record something yourselves, or choose from pre-recorded messages.
3. Put some life into the bear by selecting and placing a heart into your loved one’s new favorite toy. Now the furry friend has life!
4. Wash and fluff the little creature in the specialized bathtub.
5. Time to play dress up – here’s where you choose what the animal will be wearing. There are over a hundred options, so this could take some time. Sports star, ballerina, princess, superhero? Completely up to you.
6. Give the thing a name and make it official with a birth certificate. This step is crucial in case the bear is ever misplaced, because now Build-a-Bear can help you track it down with their state-of-the-art locating system.
7. Take it home! This is where the dream becomes a reality and you get to walk out of the stuffed toy paradise.
1301 Celebrity Cir, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Here's what you need to know before you go.