What’s New in Myrtle Beach for 2016?
Today is the last day of 2015, and while Myrtle Beach had a great run this year, we look to the future with excitement. Of course, the Grand Strand is an area that is also open to growth and change, so there is no doubt that 2016 will be full of awesome news and new attractions, events, shopping, and restaurants!
While there is no telling everything that is going to happen in Myrtle Beach during the New Year, we do know some of the changes that will take place, as well as some rumors that have been floating around. Want to be in on the scoop? Check out our list below!
While there may be more attractions coming to the area in 2016 other than what is on this list, here are some things we do know are supposed to happen:
- Fun Warehouse in Surfside isn't new, but it will be introducing a new multi-level go-kart track as well as a mini-golf course.
- A Merchant Marine monument will be added to Warbird Park in The Market Common.
- Ocean Lakes Campground began construction this fall for a new on-site waterpark that is expected to be complete by Spring 2016.
- High Flyer, an indoor trampoline park, is supposed to open in the Sports Mall in Myrtle Beach.
- The Ripken Experience will be hosting a special “attraction” this summer. The 2016 Jennie Finch Tournament Series will be a special event featuring two full weeks of fast-pitch softball.
- There has been a lot of speculation concerning the changes at Broadway at the Beach. Rumor has it that Hard Rock Cafe will tear down their iconic pyramid and move into the location where Broadway Louie's once was. There are also other rumors of bars and clubs closing, as well as the possibility of Dave & Buster's opening in the complex.
Myrtle Beach is a hub for awesome events, so it is no surprise that there will be new events added to the 2016 lineup.
- The first ever Myrtle Beach Highland Games and Heritage Festival will take place on March 19, 2016 at The Market Common.
- California Roots:The Carolina Sessions was supposed to happen back in October, but it was rained out. The new date for the reggae festival is April 9, 2016.
- Menopause the Musical will be coming to Legends in Concert January 20-24, 2016.
- The Myrtle Beach Marathon is not new, but it will be held on March 3-5, 2016.
- Military Appreciation Day also isn't new, but orgnizers have moved the event back to Memorial Day weekend this coming year.
There are a ton of foodies along the Grand Strand, so it is super exciting to hear about new eateries coming to the area.
- Popeyes and Panera Bread will be opening their first Myrtle Beach locations in 2016.
- Fresh Greens will open in University Commons.
- Claw House, a New England style seafood restaurant will open in Murrells Inlet.
- Misson Barbecue and World of Beer will be coming to the Coastal North Town Center.
- The Brass Tap is a new restaurant that will open its doors in The Market Common.
- The Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach is building a new 100 table restaurant that should be open by the summer.
- There are talks of Tilted Kilt re-opening across from Broadway at the Beach between Mellow Mushroom and LaQuinta.
Shopaholics already love Myrtle Beach for all of the wonderful shopping. For 2016, there will be even more shops coming to the area.
- Coastal North Town Center will welcome Aspen Dental and Mattress Firm.
- A Publix will open in Carolina Forest, and there is also talks of a location opening in the Grande Dunes community.