Top 5 Myrtle Beach Area Restaurants On the Water
The only thing better than feasting on some fresh Myrtle Beach seafood is doing so while looking out over the ocean from whence your meal came. From the fishing villages of Calabash and Little River down to the Lowcountry towns of Murrells Inlet and Pawleys Island, the Grand Strand has some great restaurants with excellent views of the Atlantic Ocean and Intracoastal Waterway. Here along the top five on the Strand:
1) Sea Captain’s House: This popular establishment is a shrine for dining in downtown Myrtle Beach. This former boarding house has been serving up fresh seafood and oceanfront views for more than 50 years. The entire back window looks out over the best backyard in Myrtle Beach and the Southern-style seafood is out of this world.
2) Greg Norman’s Australian Grill: OK, so the view is the Intracoastal Waterway instead of the Atlantic Ocean. But hit the back porch at Norman’s around sunset, with the yachts sailing up and down the Waterway, and you’ll see why this is one of the best vistas in town. The Barefoot Landing location in North Myrtle Beach also serves some of the finest dining on the Strand.
3) Damon’s Oceanfront: So normally when you think of oceanfront restaurants you automatically think of seafood, but that’s not the case at Damon’s. Big, meaty, fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs is the specialty at this regional chain, but the downtown Myrtle Beach location also comes with a lovely view. Located on the south end of Ocean Boulevard, both the food and the view are awesome.
4) Gulfstream Café: Most oceanfront restaurants on the East Coast naturally face east, but Gulfstream is an exception. Located on the strip if Garden City Beach, Gulfstream’s huge back porch overlooks Murrells Inlet and the fishing boats sailing in and out of port. And the seafood, freshly delivered by the marina next door, is delicious. Be sure to visit around sunset.
5) Austin’s Ocean One: Located behind the Litchfield Inn, this two-story, fine-dining restaurant serves great food, has an extensive wine list and offers incredible ocean views from the second story structure. For those who prefer to feel the ocean breeze, there’s a short-order bar and grill just steps away from the beach and the swimming pools.
Any write-ins we missed out on? Let us know!